Saturday, March 4, 2017

Simple Afghan

Here is a crocheted blanket I'd like to share with you...

 

It was very simple to do.  This is my second crocheted project so it was very easy.  

  

I didn't follow a pattern, but if you can chain and single crochet then you can make this blanket in just a few nights in front of the tv.  

 

If you'd like to give it a try here are my "how to" instructions:

You will need:

18 balls of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick yarn (I used "Oatmeal")
Q crochet hook

My finished blanket (not including the fringe) measures 53" x 57"

Using two strands together, chain 65 plus 1 and turn.  Single crochet into each chain until you reach the end of the row (65) then chain 1 and turn.  Keep going in this manner until desired width.  I didn't count the number of rows I crocheted...I just kept going until I was almost out of yarn, but still had enough yarn left to add a fringe to the ends.  The blanket looks good with or without the fringe.  

 

 

It is a very quick blanket to "whip up"  and by using two strands of yarn it makes this blanket very heavy and very warm! 

 

If you are a beginner crocheter like me then give it a try.  It's quick and easy and a lot of fun to do!  

 

Thanks for stopping by!

Lesa


1 comment:

  1. I love the way you've displayed this in your home; so pretty. And such a lovely choice of yarn. Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete