Monday, February 8, 2016

Knit 4...Purl 4

I just finished this afghan last night and I wanted to share it with you.  I've knit several different afghans but always ended up giving them away as gifts, but this one is mine!  Love the color and it's very cozy.


There was no pattern...just a simple ribbing stitch.  I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick yarn  and a pair of #15 knitting needles.  



I cast on 92 stitches and simply knit 4, purled 4 to the end of the row and then repeated those stitches creating a ribbing pattern.  Just remember you need to knit the knit stitches and purl the purled stitches.


I decided to make pompoms for the edging instead of fringe...24 pompoms to be exact.  The pompoms took approximately 2 skeins of yarn.  I used 8 skeins for the afghan, but you can use as many as you prefer to get the size of afghan you desire.


It was quick and easy to knit and it was a great project to do while watching tv or a movie.  No rows or pattern to count.

I hope this inspires you to knit one for yourself!  Thank you for stopping by!

Lesa









3 comments:

  1. Gosh that is gorgeous!! You are super talented..and love the poms poms!! Makes your home that much more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Lesa! That is Beautiful!
    I wish I lived closer to you, I would ask you to knit me one.
    You have many talents!

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pom pom fringe!! Beautiful!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete