Thursday, January 28, 2016
I have gone from 798 followers down to 724 followers in less than one week. I've lost over 70 followers in 5 days. Can you give me some feedback as to why I've lost soooo many in such a short amount of time? Have I done something wrong? I hope to get your thoughts...
Sunday, January 24, 2016
Last weekend I found an oak kitchen table on Kijiji for $25.00. This is it disassembled.
It even has beautiful rope detail.
My plan was not to use it as a kitchen table, but to transform it into a coffee table. I already have a round coffee table but it wasn't what I really wanted for my tiny living room. It served its purpose but I wanted something more substantial. You can see the old table below...
First thing I needed to do was to remove the screws that attach the table to the base from the pedestal.
I then measured the height of my seat cushions on the couch and decided to make my coffee table the same height. Using a hand saw, I cut the pedestal to the appropriate height. Don't judge me...I know that I'm doing a messy job in my livingroom!
I used masking tape to make the cutting line so I kept it level and straight. It worked very well!
I replaced the screws at the top of the pedestal making sure to measure and line up the holes at the bottom of the tabletop.
I sanded the table top and stained it using Minwax Dark Walnut stain. When dry, I lightly sanded it with 220 grit sandpaper to remove any roughness. I then waxed it with Minwax Paste Wax to protect the surface. The edge of the tabletop together with the legs and pedestal received a coat of primer before I added two coats of Behr paint called Totally Black.
Here is the finished table...
I love it and am very happy with the results. And, it only cost me $25.00 and a few hours of labour!
Thank you for stopping by. Have a great week!
Sunday, January 10, 2016
Today, I decided to do a little project that would be somewhat functional and that would fill a void in one corner of my living room. It started with two old crates that I've had sitting in the basement.
I went to Home Depot and bought all of this...
First, I painted all the black with the exception of the castor wheels. Next, I attached the wheels to the bottom of one of the crates.
Then I attached the hinges to the inside of the crates using one of the crates as a lid. I secured the corner brackets to the top and bottom crate, added the handles to the sides and the latch/lock to the front of the crates. This is it finished...