Saturday, October 25, 2014

Knit Bear

We are expecting our first grandchild in December and I've been busy shopping and knitting.  Here is a project I'd like to share with you.  A knit bear...


A coworker of mine brought in a book with knit and crochet patterns using Bernat's Pipsqeak yarn.


And, I absolutely fell in love with this bear...


My daughter is expecting a girl so I swapped the blue yarn for pink yarn.  It is very soft and cuddly.  The pattern only took three balls of yarn (two pink and one white) and knit up very quickly.  My bear looks more like a koala bear but I think she's pretty cute no matter what she looks like...




The blanket underneath the bear was a pattern I found free online using Bernat's Babyblanket yarn and it was knit using a cable stitch. 

So, I'm now starting my next knitting project... the matching blanket to go with the bear.  I will share it with you once I get it finished.  

Thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Howdy, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam comments? If so how do you reduce it, any plugin or anything you can suggest? I get so much lately it's driving me mad so any help is very much appreciated.
    entrance door handles

    ReplyDelete