Saturday, December 7, 2013

Pine Christmas Trees

As I was rummaging through some of my Christmas decorations, I found these wood trees that I cut out of scrap pine many, many years ago. 


I had stained them with Puritan Pine by Minwax.  I thought I was so clever when I made them.  They have been retired for some time now, but I thought I could spruce them up a bit and incorporate them into my holiday decorating this year.

So, I stained them with a dark walnut stain by Minwax ...



and then painted a few of trees with the color sandbar.  Once the paint dried I sanded the edges and the surface to expose the dark stain underneath.  Here they are on my shelves.






Do you have any old decorations that can be reused??  Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

Lesa

6 comments:

  1. I love your wooden trees! Love how you have used them in your setting as well.

    Blessings,
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olá Lesa amei sua decoração. Eu estou um pouco atrasada com minhas decoração, estou preparando alguns coisinhas recicladas, logo mostro no blog. Parabéns!!!
    Beijos e fique com Deus,
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me encanta como has hecho y decorado estos arboles.
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lesa!

    We are compiling a Holiday-themed Pinterest board to be hosted at http://www.pinterest.com/minwax . We love your Pine Christmas Tree project (http://home-frosting.blogspot.com/2013/12/pine-christmas-trees.html) and would like to ask for permission to include it on the board. We will link the pin to the original content and give you full credit by tagging your Pinterest account in the pin. If you approve of this usage, please reply to us with “yes.”

    Thank you for using Minwax in your amazing projects, we look forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be thrilled to have you include my pine trees on your holiday themed Pinterest board! THANKYOU and YES!

      Delete