Saturday, July 13, 2013

Lantern Makeover

Just a quick project to share with you.  I found another "treasure" at Goodwill.  This wood lantern for $2.00...


I thought I could give it new life by cleaning it up a bit and painting it.

So, I took the entire piece apart and sanded all the pieces, cleaned the glass and the metal parts. 


I then applied two coats of paint using my favorite color "sandbar".  When dry I sanded the pieces to remove some of the paint exposing the wood underneath.  I then applied dark walnut stain to all the painted pieces to give it an aged appearance.
I put it back together and this is the result...


It was a fun little project.
 
Thank you for stopping by...
 
Lesa

6 comments:

  1. Love this idea and it is soooo cool when we take something that is still good and make it new again! Thanks for sharing! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how it turned out.
    I`m your new follower and I love your creative blog.

    Have a great sunday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your blog!!! I just started following you, hoping you'll follow back :)
    http://thecraftiestallie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find. Love the transformation.
    So fun to go thrifting a find a piece that you can make look like it came out of a trendy shop.
    Deb@LakeGirlPaints

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most excellent redo, I love it! I just discovered your blog and am enchanted with your projects and style. Following you now reading your archives. You are a clever, creative lady!

    ReplyDelete