Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bellissimi Fiori

Here's a little something I'd like to share with you...I bought it at a garage sale for .50 cents.  A big, heavy, rusty hook.  My husband just chuckled when he saw my treasure.



I figured I couldn't loose spending a whole .50 cents and thought I'd find a use for it.  Well, here's what I came up with...



I found this in my husband's metal scrap pile, he removed the "hooky things", straightened the rods and just evened things up.



Now it looks like this...



I attached the hook to the metal mesh using rusty stove pipe wire.  I then found a scrap piece of wood, drilled two holes at the top and then stained it with dark walnut Danish Oil. 



Once dry, I used a chip brush to apply the Sandbar paint to the surface, using a dry brush method.  I then gave it a bit of a sanding to make it look even more like weathered wood.

I then painted on the words "Bellissimi Fiori" (beautiful flowers) using Antique Rose by Decoart and, again, sanded some of the lettering to remove the paint.  I attached the sign to the mesh using more rusty wire and then hung the finished "rusty junk" on my shed. 





I thought a small hanging basket with flowers would look nice suspended from the hook, but I don't have any hanging baskets so I used this wreath just for pictures.  What do you think?




This is part of "Would You Buy It" Wednesdays at Junker Newbie so...would you have bought the hook?

Thanks for stopping by...your comments are as welcomed, good or bad!  Have a great day.

Lesa

9 comments:

  1. I would! 50 cents, nice! Love what you did with it :-)

    Thanks for joining my linky party!

    http://junkernewbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have bought the hook, even if it were 50c. Purely because I don't have the talent or foresight to see what a thing of beauty it could be. I am amazed at what you did with it. It's so clever.

    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't have because I would not have had your vision! Now I would buy it and love it. How cute you have made it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ya! Good stuff! I love your repurposing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. found you via Funky Junk Interiors - great projects and ideas - you are a fabulous junker!
    amy of four corners design

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo Cute!!! Very cleaver girl, you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heck, ya, Lesa!! I would have bought that baby in a heartbeat!! Then it would have taken me quite a while to figure out what I wanted to do with it!!

    Love your blog!! I'm giving you the One Lovely Blog Award! Please stop by my blog and grab a button!!

    Hugs ~~ Suz

    inspiringcreativeness.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute!
    Thank you so much for linking it up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
    Hope to see more of your creativity tonight! :)
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Furniture is what turns your house into a home.We are running our Furnitures over 25 years and we are one of the leading wooden carved bed

    ReplyDelete