Thursday, April 7, 2011

Multi-Purpose Room is Done!

A few posts ago, I told that I was re-doing my multi-purpose room and that I would share pictures once it was done...well, it's done.  Before I share my pictures, I want to remind you that I was only using what I had on hand, therefore, I didn't buy new furniture, I didn't buy paint, I didn't buy fabric, I didn't buy new flooring, I didn't buy curtains, and I didn't buy accessories.  I could ONLY use the items I had around the house, stuff that I already had kicking around.   Again, I want to remind you it is not beautifully decorated like many of your homes and craft rooms, but it will be functional for my needs.   So, here are a few before pictures...as you can see, it is not a very large room and I have to store my exercise equipment in this room.



My husband built this cabinet back in 1992 and over the years I have painted it at least 6 times.

The dark brown shelf sitting on the table was built by me.  The leaning door belongs to the cabinet.


Here are the after pics...



Another coat of paint...seven layers now!


A ladder I made using scrap wood and my coffee filter wreath.  (had to use what I had on hand...just a reminder!)





The stars were green, so I gave them a coat of white paint finished with dark walnut stain to give them an antiqued look.


Now, here are some pictures with the exercise equipment back in the room.




Well, there you have it...my room on a zero dollar budget.  Thank you for stopping by...your visit was welcomed!  Hope you all have a good day and great weekend!
Lesa

12 comments:

  1. I like it! I really like the things you selected for the top of your cabinet. It's a good mix of color and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room makeover is wonderful! Love the way you painted the various pieces and pulled it all together. I love the cabinet your hubby made for you - what a great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful room makeover. It is a very inspiring space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice cabinet! Your hubby is talented! The space at the bottom would be perfect for a couple of baskets! Very charming craft room, wish I had one ):

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great cabinet and an even better room. I could create in there! Thanks for linking up to Beyond The Picket Fence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've inspired me to shop in my own home...

    Lovely job!

    I stopped by from Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special - have a blessed weekend!

    Sara
    www.TheOtherEndOfTheCandle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did with things that you already have! And your room is very show worthy love it!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Peaceful, calm, efficient and affordable. Very nice!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the burlap lined crate!! Really loving your blog, can't wait to see more of your style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! exercise equipment

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been here on your blog for nearly two hours reading and browsing...fantastic is all I have to say!! Love everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much for providing important information. All your information is very valuable to me.
    Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
    As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.

    ReplyDelete