Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chair Toppers

A few posts ago I shared my slipcovered bargain chairs. 



I had a bit of fabric leftover so I decided to sew "toppers" for each of the chairs at either end of the table to give the whole thing a more "unified" look.





  I found my "stash" of buttons and chose the wood ones because they matched the table and chair legs, again, "tieing" the whole look together. 




The toppers were very easy to do...if you can sew a straight line then anyone can make them!  As always, thank you for stopping by and taking a look.  It's always appreciated!
Lesa

4 comments:

  1. Lesa,thats looks amazing! I love that material. It all ties in nicely with the table and the chairs. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!
    Just today I was thinking I was a little tired of looking at my distictively styled dining room chairs. A topper would be a nice change.
    Thanks for the idea.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need some of these to avoid all the "grimies" that end up on the back of our chairs from my kids! :) Thanks for linking up at DIY Thrifty Thursday @ www.thrifty101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello from detroit. i have very limited sewing skills - emphasis on "limited". can you provide instructions on how to make the chair toppers? i'd like to prevent "chair marks" on my freshly painted kitchen wall. :-)

    ReplyDelete