Thursday, November 18, 2010

I Need to Start Somewhere!

It was only a few months ago that I discovered all of you talented and creative women.  It is so inspiring to read about your decorating and crafting endeavors.  That is why I decided to join the blogging world.  (and, I will apologize now and ask for your patience, as this is all very new to me.)

I, too, love to craft and decorate my home.  I have painted and changed the colors of my walls so many times that my husband thinks we are loosing square footage.  I enjoy painting and repurposing furniture.  In fact, I will paint just about anything.  I've even painted a pair of shoes with craft paint to match an outfit!

My love of painting and woodworking turned into a business and I published ten decorative painting books for crafters.  As well, I became a contributing artist for two craft magazines.  I now own a custom framing shop which keeps the creative juices flowing.

My Books

I am looking forward to sharing some of my ideas, decorating projects and crafts with you.  So...just to give you an idea of what I like to do, here are a few past projects I have completed.  Of course, there are no befores of tutorials becuase who knew I would need them!

Burlap baskets.  I saw something similar on my blogging travels (burlap buckets) and created my own pattern.

An ottoman tray/table I designed usin mdf board and glass.

A console table I built - pattern by Ana White

My fireplace used to be grey tile.  I created a stone-look using drywall compound. 

My backsplash - I created this using drywall compound, paint and varnish.

A picture I painted and framed for an auction. (pattern by Rene Mullins)

6 comments:

  1. Wahoo...congratulations on starting your very own blog! How exciting...you have embarked on a creative journey that is simply AMAZING! My advice is have fun, pace yourself, and do what you love...and everything else will just fall into place! Thanks for sharing.

    Jane
    Finding Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your blog is going to be so great. You have some major talent and creativity. I can't wait to see more. Thanks for inviting me over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. only just found you - thought I'd start at the beginning to check out where you started this blog!
    look forward to reading along!
    cheryl xox.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your snowman painting..love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Furniture is what turns your house into a home.We are running our Furnitures over 25 years and we are one of the leading wooden cot manufacturer in chennai

    ReplyDelete